EXAMPLE OF NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION/LIABILITY WAIVER SIGNED PRIOR TO STARTING MEMBERSHIP
I, _______________________________ (Print Name) HAVE TAKEN THE SAFETY ORIENTATION AND UNDERSTAND SAFETY GUIDELINES AT ADX AS EVIDENCED BY MY SIGNATURE BELOW.
I understand that my agreement to abide by these safety guidelines is in addition to the terms of my membership and the safety guidelines detailed herein are incorporated by reference into the Membership Agreement:
- I recognize that I am responsible for understanding and practicing the shop safety guidelines provided in the Safety Manual, both for general shop use as well as for the specific machines and tools I intend to use for my project(s).
- I have taken the Safety Orientation deemed prerequisite by ADX staff for working in any of the shops and with their machinery. I will immediately advise an ADX employee of any dangerous or unsafe condition or behavior observed in any ADX facility and will not continue my use of the ADX facility until the condition is made safe.
- I understand the use or possession of alcohol and/or physically impairing or illegal drugs is considered reckless endangerment by my person and is not allowed in the shop or during classes of ADX under any circumstances and that if in violation, I may be subject to removal from the premises by ADX staff.
- I understand that by signing this Safety Orientation Training Acknowledgement and Liability Waiver, I agree to expressly release ADX, its employees, owners, and agents from all liability to me or my successors and assigns for and from any and all claims, including those arising from the negligence of ADX, losses, and damages on account of any injury to me or damage to my property in connection with facility use. I knowingly waive any such claims, losses, and damages arising from and including, but not limited to, acts and omissions arising from breach of contract, fraud, willful misconduct, bad faith, negligence, or claims grounded in equity.
- I understand that ADX retains the right to revoke my membership at any time at management’s sole discretion and with no right to a refund.
Unless otherwise specified, ADX classes are open to anyone 18+. Youth 16-17 may attend after a legal guardian has met briefly with an ADX staff member or the instructor and signed a liability waiver. Youth ages 10-15 may attend with an adult and a waiver signed by a legal guardian.
While in ADX facilities, ADX does not permit and will not tolerate any inappropriate conduct. Such conduct includes, without limitation, using loud, abusive, offensive, insulting, demeaning language, profanity, lewd conduct or any conduct that harasses or is bothersome to members, guests, or ADX employees.
If the entirety or any part of ADX equipment are damaged due to an ADX Member’s negligent actions that are in clear violation of the Safety Orientation Agreement, ADX reserves the right to bill said ADX Member the market price of the damaged equipment plus labor.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
ADX does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
No guests of members or otherwise are permitted in the shop unless they are accompanied by a staff member. All guests must sign in at front desk.
By signing the ADX Liability Waiver, individuals consent that ADX has full and unrestricted publishing and use rights for any photographs (digital or print) taken on the ADX property by ADX employees or volunteers in which any image, materials or art, either brought in to or created/generated at ADX, appears. Participants hereby release, discharge, and agree to hold harmless ADX from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking of said picture or in any subsequent processing thereof, as well as any publication thereof, including without limitation any claims for libel or invasion of privacy.
ADX does not provide workshop access for production scale fabrication. At the discretion of ADX and its staff, any members viewed as doing large scale production work that uses resources above and beyond membership dues in any of the ADX shops will be notified to stop production, and membership will be cancelled and any associated fees relating to production may be charged to said member's account.
Projects or materials may be left up to 48 hours at ADX with the permission of an ADX staff member providing they are stored in an out of the way location with a full name, date it will be removed, and a phone number of the project owner.
Unlabeled items left on the premises for more than 48 hours outside of rented space or after membership expires will be removed. ADX makes a best effort to notify people before material/projects are seized, we cannot be held responsible for any item left at ADX under any circumstance. Longer term storage may be available upon request.
VIOLATION OF POLICIES OR RULES
If any member or guest violates any of the Policies or Rules, ADX will ask that person to stop or leave. A member’s violation of any of the Policies or Rules may also cause ADX in its sole discretion, to terminate that person’s membership and/or other agreements.
ADX does not allow any weapons on the premises, this includes weapons covered under a Concealed Weapons Permit.